Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pastel butterflies for photo shoot

The other day I worked on an order for a little girl. Her mum had ordered a sky-blue butterfly fascinator to match her dress for a photo shoot. And although the little lady is only two and a half one would agree that for photo shoots bold and dramatic accessories are most welcome. So I accepted the order.
It is a universal truth that it takes you much less time per item if you make 2 similar items simultaneously. And I often stick to this truth. So I made 2 butterfly headdresses in pastel colours, sky-blue and soft pink. I used 4 types of silk (satin, dupioni, organsa, pongee), lace, Japanese and Czech seed beads and ostrich feathers. All the fabrics have been painted by hand. I even painted the feathers for the sky-blue butterfly. And I am very much pleased with the result. I think the butterflies have turned out most dainty and delicate ready to decorate any little princess head.
The sky-blue piece is currently on the way to Moscow but the pink one is available for purchase from my Etsy shop

And here are some pictures for you







No comments:

Post a Comment